Friday, March 5, 2010

Can you have too many Girl Scout cookies?

Happy first day of spring break to me! Unfortunately, no one is home right now, so there is no one to do anything with at the moment.

Fortunately, no one is home right now, so I can do whatever I feel like without judgment, right?

My whim for today was making something fancy-looking for dessert. If you know me even a little, I hope you are aware that I really love to cook and bake. It's so much fun and yields results to share with people you care about. Or whoever is willing to be a taste-tester, or whoever is just about starving to death and is in dire need of whatever strange thing you are creating that day. I'm hardly a mad scientist in the kitchen, but you never know what might come out of there. ;)

Today's adventure was twofold: (not so) Thin Mint Chocolate Mini-Cupcakes with Ganache, and my first adventure in food photography. The cupcakes were an adaptation of a recipe for chocolate cake by the one and only Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Go investigate her website now! The ganache was made in the microwave with butter and chocolate chips, which isn't all that fancy, but I like to think that if something tastes good, that's all that matters anyway.

Making stuff in mini-muffin tins is so much fun! Why are things so much cuter in small form? Do they taste better? Why am I asking so many questions?




So beautiful! So chocolatey! So shiny! Oh, and they don't taste too bad either. Those are crumbled thin mints on the top, by the way. They are so fluffy and sweet! Make that cake recipe when you get the chance; it's to die for.

However, man cannot live on chocolate alone. Life is all about balance.



I'm so glad that I like my green vegetables, especially tasty little brussels sprouts. Who knows what kinds of havoc would be wrought otherwise. I'd be even shorter than I already am.

In any case, may this be the first of many delicious foods and delicious photos. Or whatever I feel like posting. I'm in charge here. I hope your first few days in March are as beautiful as this one is!

1 comment:

  1. lara + pictures of food + cleverness=BEST THING EVER. :]

    ReplyDelete